Tuesday, July 22, 2008

it's going to the dogs...

Well, what an interesting week. Cammie, our sweet dog, has had ear problems for as long as I can remember. She is only 20 months old (I don't just know that...I had to count on my fingers...no joke) and has had constant ear issues so finally...I took her to the vet. I actually was only taking her to the vet to get groomed (aka bathed!) for the low price of $20.00. In my world, totally worth it! Well, they didn't have an appointment on Thursday for that so I decided that she needed more medicine for her ears so we would go ahead and go. I get to the vet and the Dr. looks in her ears, asks some questions, etc. and says, "I think she has a food allergy, you need to begin a food trial today, she is probably allergic to wheat, which is what the normal brand dog foods are made out of...." All I heard was, "Her food is going to cost more than your normal weekly grocery bill!" And he continued, "...I really need to sedate her to clean her ears out, can you bring her back tomorrow?..." What I hear, "come back tomorrow and bring ALL your money!" Well, to cut a long story short...her ears are clean and healing, she is eating a 100% natural, wheat free dog food from Kroger (thank goodness that I could get it there and avoided the more costly pet store brands--a small bag for $6.79--luckily she is small!), she has her shots updated, and yes...she got her bath! My checkbook has been cleaned as well!- not quite the $20.00 I had hoped to spend.


2 comments:

Grammy said...

what a beauty!! She is the cutest thing!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the reminder that I do not want a dog!
I like her bandanna