Monday, June 30, 2008

We're not in Kansas anymore...

Not a lot of time but I needed to post something so...we had a great time in Kansas. Met lots of family, added a niece and a sister-in-law after a sweet wedding ceremony, DID NOT see a tornado but DID see some nasty storms in the distance (speaking of distance...Kansas is the flattest place I've ever seen. We could see towns that were more that 8 miles away...really!), played in a creek, rode a few horses, saw combines cutting fields of wheat, met REAL cowboys, and enjoyed the slower pace of life in the country. It was a great trip! Everyone...even our "city"fied kids had a ton of fun. Here is a picture of my kids on the plains of Kansas.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Great picture!! I'm so glad yall all had fun in Kansas.

Tiffany said...

When did your kids become young adults? Man, they all look like grown ups!!
I want to hear more about your trip!