Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Get up out my grill...yo!

Well...my more than monthly post. It has been almost 2 months and I was told for the 2 people that check this blog that it is annoying checking a blog that is never updated so...here you go.

This past Saturday my son, step-daughter, and I headed out to where...the ballfield of course for a tournament game. As we were leaving the neighborhood I noticed what looked like a pretty long snake in the road. I did what any good boy mom would do...I turned around to get a better look. We stopped the car...and of course kept the doors closed for safety but got nice and close to the 3-4 foot long black snake. (it wasn't poisious and I know because I got a nice close look at his head) Well...the snake began to slither under the car so I told Harrison to go back to his side and tell me when the snake came out the other side. I hate running over animals and the thought of snake guts in my tires freaks me out. Well...Mr. Snake never came out the other side...so I prepared myself for the squish and pulled forward to turn back around and head to the ball field. I even lifted my feet as I drove over him. We got turned around and there was no snake. I thought...man that is a fast snake and then I thought--OH NO! He's under my car. Which by the way, my dad said could never happen. So after screams from all of us and laughing we were on our way because I snake can't get stuck under your car, right. As we continue driving Harrison says, "wouldn't it be cool if the snake slithered up the windshield?" To which I answered, "NO! I would wreck the car." A few more miles...I finally shook the he-be-ge-bes! What should slither out of my grill onto the hood of my car---YEP! Snakes can get under your car and go for a ride. I started screaming, crying, laughing, kicking my feet, shaking my hands, and did I mention screaming. A black snake flapping/slithering in the wind on the hood of my car! Finally after lots of screams (and a few gags--really!) the g-force wind took Mr. Snake on the flight of his life. It was crazy...I still can't believe that it happened.

To make matters worse...I went to my mom's tonight and what was sitting by her car when I pulled up? You guessed it...another snake...this one, black and white--still with a skinny head. I still moved in close to look at him. Kind of like the horror films when the girl always goes outside when she hears something and the scary music starts. Yep...that was me with this snake. I watched him slither under my mom's car and we never saw him again. Maybe mom will experience the snake ride tomorrow?!? "Get up out her grill-yo!"

Now for the spiritual twist to the snake ride...obviously snakes in the bible are pictures of Satan, sin, etc. In life I am going to stumble upon sin. I'm human, it happens. I can be going on my normal path, doing the right things, and there it is. But I have a choice, I can pass it by or I can stop...stoop down...really get a nice good look...then leave. But the problem is...I spent too much time with the sin. I needed to flee and because I didn't flee...it will rear it's ugly head again. Just like the snake...and when it does--being level headed and making wise decisions definatley becomes blurred and emotions will get the best of you. So...watch for snakes in your road!

That really is what I thought as I praised the Lord when Mr. Snake went flying. Can you tell I minister to teenagers??

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's about dang time! Yes, I can tell you minister to high schoolers. I NEVER would have come up with that analogy but wow--it's a good one. Can I send some of my readers to your blog to hear this story?
I wonder if mom will have any fun surprises on her way to work.

Grammy said...

Well girls,just so you know, I did a complete snake check of my car before I left home this morning,Dad even came out and helped. Who knows who would have run the fastest if we had seen mr snake! But I still had the he be jebies!! At one point in my ride I thought I felt something on my toe and gave great thought to jerking but knew I had to drive the car!!

I did enjoy your analogy, you are so smart!
I am soooo glad you updated your blog!!I check it every day, just so you know.
Love you, Mom

Ingle Nook said...

Tiff...yes you can send your friends to my blog...I have no idea how to invite them! :)

Julie said...

Here I am, Tiffany's friend reading your blog (I've actually read it before from clicking on your name in Tiffany's comments. I love the snake analogy!

Emily said...

I am also visiting from Tiffany's blog. That is some story, and a great analogy. I would have absolutely crashed the car had it happened to me. Imagine the insurance report!

Peaches and Cheese said...

I can think of nothing funnier than you in your car screaming. I find it hysterical!
Are the teenagers you minister to teaching you how too speak adolescent? If so they are also doing a good job, yo!
Peace out!