Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Well...today was somewhat uneventful. I am the junior class sponsor at my school so we had candy grams to deliver. These are sweet little Valentine treats that are a fund raiser for the Prom. 2 years ago when I had this task it was a late night mass of confusion. I think myself, another teacher and 6 students taped candy and tied balloons until approximately 11:00 at night. This year...with lots of planning...things were very organized, all candy was taped and balloons were sorted before the bell rang at the end of the day! I was worried that I had missed something. I couldn't sleep and got to school and walked around re-checking because things had gone so smooth. Well...We delievered probably over 1000 candybars and 676 balloons in approximately 20 minutes! It was a record. Very few problems arose and many students went home with a sugar high and a balloon in hand. It was a great Valentine's Day.

I'll post pictures of all the balloons when I figure out how!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!! I'm sure all the kids loved the Valentine surprises!